Hill Vellacott Chartered Accountants Belfast complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (the “GDPR”) and other applicable UK data protection legislation.
We take your privacy seriously and acknowledge our responsibilities. Please read this policy carefully to see how we will treat personal information that you provide to us either when using our Site or in other circumstances when we may collect data from you or you provide data to us.
We will take reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to or use of it and have measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
How Hill Vellacott uses personal information
We will use your personal information, including contact details and other information required for the following purposes:
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to our clients
- To fulfil our statutory and legal obligations
- To respond to an enquiry
- To send out requested information
- To send technical, topical, reference or marketing material to you or to invite you to events, courses or conferences
We will not send unsolicited material to you or invite you to events unless you have given us your consent to do so. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting:
The Privacy Officer, Hill Vellacott, 22 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7BA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We may share your personal information with trusted third party service providers, as Data Processors, if this is necessary to fulfil the purposes set out above. We will only share your information with third parties who have confirmed their compliance with the GDPR. We do not share any personal data with third parties outside the European Economic Area.
Your rights under the GDPR
The GDPR establishes certain key rights for individuals in relation to their personal data as follows:
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to data portability
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object
- Right not to be subject to automated decision making, including profiling
Your rights in relation to specific data held by us will depend on how we acquired the data and the basis on which we are processing it. Should you require any information or have any issues about your rights relating to data held by us, please contact the Privacy Officer, as detailed above.
Retention of personal data
How long we will retain your personal data will depend on the purpose for which we hold it. Unless we have a specific contractual, legal or statutory obligation to retain your personal data, we will only retain it for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it is held.
Hill Vellacott Website
The Hill Vellacott website, which we maintain, operates on the principles:
- When we need information that personally identifies you we will explicitly ask. For example, we will ask you for your name and e-mail address etc, if you wish to submit a comment to us.
- We will not ask you for more information than we require and will only utilise your information for the purpose for which it was provided.
- We may ask you to consent to our contacting you for other purposes which we will specify.
- Hill Vellacott’s website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites, however, will not share any personal information with them, nor will they share any of your personal information with us.
This site has appropriate measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use security procedures to ensure the integrity of our servers and prevent unauthorised access to our data.
Questions or Complaints